Bed Manager / Patient Assessor
Location :Brisbane Waters Private Hospital (NSW), Woy Woy NSW 2256
Listed :18 March 2016
Work Type :Full-Time
Classification :Nursing / General
Reporting to the DCS this is a newly developed role at Brisbane Waters Private Hospital. The successful applicant will have the ability to build and develop relationships with key stakeholders and our Patient Assessment Unit both on the Central Coast and in Sydney to facilitate growth and sustainability of the hospital. You will work proactively with the NUM’s of our Central Coast Clinic + Medical / Surgical / Rehabilitation units to ensure smooth admission and/or bed movement of all patients.
About the Hospital: Brisbane Waters Private Hospital is 89 bed hospital providing Medical, Surgical, Rehabilitation, Mental Health and Day Program Services to the community of the NSW Central Coast. It is situated in the coastal town of Woy Woy, conveniently located 60 minutes drive from Sydney. The hospital has an excellent reputation as a provider of quality Medical, Rehabilitation, Geriatric and Surgical care, and provides the first private Psychiatric Unit on the Central Coast.
- Nursing or Allied Health Background
- Knowledge of the clinical requirements of Mental Health, Rehabilitation and Medical/Geriatric patients
- Ability and understanding of Health Funds, Workers Compensation & Third Party requirements relevant to a private hospital admission.
- Demonstrated experience of success in bed management & patient flow strategies
- Sound acute clinical knowledge and skills including flexibility to undertake other clinical tasks as required.
- A high level of personal maturity and business acumen to successfully grow within a dynamic organisation
- Strong, collaborative interpersonal communication skills with well developed verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in a similar role is preferred but not essential
- Understanding of day program and outpatient services
Applications Close – Friday 25th March 2016
Address Applications (incl. current CV) to: Patrice Blume, Director of Clinical Services, Brisbane Waters Private Hospital